The Principal provides direction and leadership to strategic investments and business development initiatives, including mergers/acquisitions, joint ventures/alliances, strategic analysis, business consulting and strategic investments. The Principal engages in extensive interaction with a wide range of external business executives, capital markets partners, and thought leaders on a national basis to guide strategic investment and business development decisions by exploring and developing new business opportunities, acquiring business capabilities, advancing business strategies and building strategic relationships for the Enterprise to advance Corporate Strategy.
- Generates and leads analysis, organization and implementation of strategic investments, directs project and program development activities, and ensures continued linkage to the Corporate Strategy.
- Works extensively with external business leadership, cultivating and building trust-based relationships.
- Develops and evaluates new business models and concepts, as appropriate, including the formation of alliances, joint ventures and partnerships that enhance and leverage Enterprise assets.
- Leads development, integration and investment oversight activities to optimize the long-term value of the existing diversified market portfolio and executes new strategic investments in support of Corporate Strategy.
- Directs all aspects of the end-to-end strategic investment process in support of new business initiatives and opportunities, mergers/acquisitions, investments and/or joint ventures with internal and external business investors and partners.
- Assembles and leads teams responsible for all activities associated with a strategic investment or development and formation of business initiatives utilizing a phased strategic investment or business development process; ensures the appropriate resources are organized and aligned to support the project.
- Presents summaries and recommendations to executive leadership to gain alignment and support.
- Serves as member of transition team for integration or launch of a new business venture, and participates in development of the operating model, selection of the leadership team, formulation of its governance structure and establishes an ongoing integrated view of performance of the strategic investment.
- Researches and identifies changing market conditions, business model impact, and identifies opportunities for business model changes. Responds quickly and effectively communicate changes to business partners and governance bodies.
- Leads post-implementation review of projects to assess value realized and achievement relative to the business case and ROI
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of strategic consulting, business development, mergers/acquisition or equivalent experience, leading and managing large-scale program development or project management initiatives
- 5+ years’ project leadership and/or team management experience
- Expertise in business planning, strategic planning, leading business initiatives, and managing a portfolio of business investments
- Demonstrated ability to understand, communicate and present financial statements/financial information in a concise and understandable manner to all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of health and financial industries
- SME in more than one of the following business disciplines: strategy development, mergers/acquisitions, accounting/finance, business modeling, marketing, organization effectiveness
- Experience with direct contact and interaction with senior leadership and business Board of Directors
If interested, please apply here.