The Corporate Development Manager will be a key member of Verizon’s M&A (Merger and Acquisition) team responsible for all aspects of the company’s inorganic strategy. The individual will play an integral role supporting transaction leads throughout the deal process.
Responsibilities include researching potential acquisition targets, rigorous financial valuation analysis, and managing due diligence across corporate functions and large teams. Potential targets will span a broad range of industries within the telecom, media and technology space and companies will range in size from small private venture capital companies to multibillion dollar market cap companies. This role is ideal for a self-starter with demonstrated experience executing transactions and a strong interest in media and technology industries.
Specific responsibilities would include:
- Investigate and evaluate acquisitions, divestitures, licensing opportunities, and strategic alliances
- Perform detailed financial analysis; develop comprehensive pro forma financial models and valuation analysis in support of potential transactions
- Work closely with legal, accounting, tax, human resources, and operations experts to support due-diligence activities
- Research and analyze diverse industries and verticals, identifying trends and strategic areas of interest for Verizon business unit portfolio
- Work with business units to assess and prioritize transactions to best align with business strategy and growth plans
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and recommendations for senior management review and board meetings.
- Develop and maintain internal and external benchmarks in relevant industries.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Two or more years post MBA or five or more years of work experience in Corporate Development, Venture Capital, Investment Banking (Associate level), Management Consulting or substantially equivalent experience.
- Strong background in finance/accounting.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and develop robust financial models with relative autonomy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, presentation development, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to and working directly with senior management.
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills with ability to manage multiple projects and large teams of experts during deal process.
- Experience working in a transactional environment.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, internet, and media industries.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Knowledge of research databases and related financial tools.
If interested, please apply here.