At Spotify, we are reinventing the music industry by changing how people create, consume, and pay for music.
We’re doing this by not only having a world-class team to build out the core music service that you know and love, but also by looking across the media and technology ecosystems to find the best and brightest teams, products, and companies to help accelerate this mission. The Corporate Development team leads this work by collaborating with our global leadership team to identify, develop, negotiate, and execute acquisitions and strategic investments.
What you’ll do:
- Provide market intelligence and trend analysis for sectors of strategic importance
- Identify and evaluate new acquisition and investment opportunities
- Support deal teams to manage all elements of deal execution
- Prepare term sheets / proposals for target companies
- Assist in managing due diligence process (e.g. information requests, information flow and priorities between target company, bankers and Spotify’s internal and external teams)
- Construct financial analyses for valuation and impact analysis
- Prepare evaluation assessments for CFO, CEO, and lead team during the transaction approval process
- Coordinate with various Spotify teams to facilitate a successful integration
- This position reports to the VP, Corporate Development in New York
Who you are:
- 3+ years relevant work experience (Corporate development, Venture capital, M&A related advisory work in investment bank or boutique firm, M&A related strategy consulting)
- Deep understanding of, and interest in, internet / technology / digital media / music industries
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Critical thinker with good business judgement
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with external and internal audiences
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to build effective relationships across technical and business-oriented teams
- Capacity to present rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence
- Experience working with a global team
- MBA preferred, but not required
If interested, please apply here.