- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate development, investment banking, and/or management consulting.
- Experience with cloud/enterprise (e.g., ecosystem, technology, typical agreement terms).
- Experience in the technology industry.
- MBA degree.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Internet, communications, and e-commerce.
- Google product knowledge and effective cross-functional perspective.
About The Job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you will work collaboratively across functions to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You will provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You’ll understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and will harness them to lead our agreements and integration. With an air of humility, you will bring your quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is, and what could be.
The Corporate Development team drives Google’s worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, scouting and strategy specialists, and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Research industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts. Develop ecosystem relationships and attend events to understand key trends/perspectives.
- Partner with business and product teams to identify, evaluate and value potential acquisitions and investments. Support investment portfolio management.
- Execute transactions, including diligence, valuation, structuring and negotiations, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Drive management team decisions, interfacing with key internal executives
- Focus on Cloud efforts (e.g., B2B/enterprise, Infrastructure, SaaS).
If interested, please apply here.