Kroger is on a mission to build the best online grocery shopping experience, competing against the best in e-commerce. You will be a part of an innovative startup within the US’s largest grocery retailer with scale that reaches millions of people every day. Our teams are truly agile and empowered to fully own all aspects of their domain. We encourage a culture of quality software practices.
The Coporate Development Lead will spearhead all aspects of developing and executing a strategic partnership. The ideal candidate is a creative, analytical and strategic thinker who enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Identify partnership opportunities which support the company’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders and organic pipeline generation
- Lead cross-functional team made up of senior leaders to define strategic objectives and evaluate partnership opportunities against those objectives
- Lead cross-functional team (Finance, Legal, Operations, Commercial teams) through business case development, deal execution, and proper partnership integration
- Partner with Finance to develop commercial and financial models that support strategic partnership objectives
- Act as a subject matter expert on assigned deals, including business model, and supporting valuation and transaction structure
- Work in collaboration with partnership implementation team to build integration plans that will result in realizing the business case
- Establish the ongoing processes that will enable the company to continue to build out its partnership development capabilities
- Self-starter who can excel in a fluid environment with ability to balance multiple projects and priorities at a time
- End-to-end partnership execution experience, including identifying, developing, and executing Successful strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to drive insightful analysis and complex projects with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
- Excellent communication and presentation (written and oral) skills
- Exceptional executor with extraordinary focus on details, accuracy and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate the partnership development process and decision-making
- Practical business sense with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications
- Proven ability to lead, train and motivate a team and ability to develop others
- 7+ years in corporate development, management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital with experience in retail or technology
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA is strongly preferred
If interested, please apply here.