Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
The Corporate Development team’s mission is to advance implementation of Waymo’s corporate strategy and technological strength through a combination of knowledge transfer, inorganic investments, acquisitions, partnerships and other transaction types. Keeping its finger on the pulse of the automotive and technology ecosystems, the team identifies targets, creates financial models, conducts/orchestrates due diligence activities and leads or supports the execution of a variety of transaction types to optimize Waymo’s financial and deal objectives.
In This Corporate Development Internship, You’ll
- Lead and support activities across the deal lifecycle including identification and evaluation of targets, financial modeling and pro forma financial statement development, business valuation, due diligence, negotiations, deal structuring, execution, and post-close integration/monitoring
- Partner with the business and technology functions to identify areas of inorganic growth and/or focus as well as vet new opportunities, determine disposition actions, and log and monitor deals flagged for ongoing review
- Orchestrate cross-functional reviews and due diligence activities within Waymo, with Alphabet, and with third-party providers, as required. You will also prepare investment memos and executive presentations for various internal and Alphabet meetings
- Design, build, and present ad hoc analyses and financial models on various corporate finance and contractual matters. Financial analyses may include complex modeling of capitalization structures, lease/buy/financing reviews of various assets of the business, strategic and business model scenarios, and other corporate finance projects
At a Minimum, We’d Like You To Have
- Currently in the first year of a full-time MBA program.
- Ability to complete a 11-12 week program beginning in May or June 2019
- BA/BS degree
It’s Preferred If You Have
- 4+ years of pre-MBA experience at an Investment Banking, Venture capital, or Private Equity firm, and / or Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development or operating experience at a technology company
- Strong financial modeling and data analytics skills; a deep interest in analyzing data with the ability to distill trends and provide principled recommendations and a strong command of accounting and financial statement analysis as it relates to company analysis, valuation, and due diligence activities
- Familiarity and experience with the buy-side/investment deal lifecycle: strategy and scouting, due diligence and valuation, deal structuring, execution, and integration; sell-side deals, carve-outs, and other unique structuring/restructuring arrangements
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills and strong executive presence with an ability to present thoughtful input to controversial decision-making; ability to prioritize assignments, operate in ambiguous situations, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering, computer science, or other quantitative field
If interested, please apply here