You will support the MP Executive Team and work closely with the Business Sector leaders in building a strong pipeline of acquisition opportunities which address its strategic priorities and then lead the execution of the most attractive transactions. Depending on deal flow, the successful candidate may be required to support the central Corporate Development team on central opportunities. In addition to the sourcing and execution of deals, the Corporate Development Director will work with the finance team to report performance of completed transactions.
What are your challenges?
- Help develop, maintain, and coordinate the acquisition pipeline to identify and prioritise target acquisitions
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts within the relevant investment banking private equity and venture capital community to support deal sourcing
- Assess opportunities to ensure that they are in line with MP’s strategic goals and financial metrics, including preparation of valuation analyses and compilation and review of financial and operational information
- Develop business case with support of Business Sector Leader, Functional Leaders and Business Analyst including the evaluation of synergy opportunities and risks in potential transactions
- Provide M&A project management and transaction process planning including coordination with other MP functions (e.g. legal, strategy, finance, tax, HR, Corporate Affairs) and external advisers. This includes management of due diligence processes and review of seller disclosures
- Depending on the calibre of the individual, a strong candidate would be expected to take on many of the tasks often fulfilled by Spectris Corporate Development including, inter alia, negotiation of terms with sellers within initial offer letters and final transaction documents. Ideally the candidate would quickly be able to run smaller transactions with a high degree of autonomy
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Highly motivated individual seeking an important voice in the leadership of a large global business, able to think about external investments in a strategic manner and support the decision-making of the MP Exec team.
- At least 5 years M&A experience that could come from a combination of TS and corporate M&A.
- Experience in developing multiple forms of corporate collaboration, from acquisitions, through minority stakes and JVs, to commercial collaboration and loose partnership.
- Experience in working with a wide range of counterparties from small business entrepreneurs to large corporate leadership teams.
- International deal experience, awareness of cultural differences.
- Excellent financial acumen, including financial analysis, valuation techniques and modelling.
- Experience of negotiating purchase price adjustment mechanisms, earn-out structures, warranties & representations, and indemnification packages.
Great to have:
- High commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of engineering, technology or software.
- ACA or MBA qualifications would be preferred.
- High emotional intelligence and excellent stakeholder management skills across different levels and functions across the business.
When you join:
- Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Excellent work life balance
If interested, please apply here.