The Corporate Development team works across Square to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into the company through acquisitions. The team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions, as well as informing the company’s strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Square. This person will be an integral member of the team and will support all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process. This individual will also contribute to a broad array of projects for the team, including market analysis, transaction analysis and strategy development.
The role reports to the Corporate Development Lead, is full-time, and is located in San Francisco.
- Work closely with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Square’s mission.
- Establish and maintain relationships with startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay abreast of competitive landscape.
- Play a key role in building and maintaining the overall corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities.
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions and other strategic opportunities.
- Support deal negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including cross-functional coordination of product, engineering, legal, and other diligence and integration supporting teams to evaluate targets.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate development experience
- Experience at a leading technology company or startup is preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; able to track and manage complex processes from start to finish
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills, with ability to operate at all organization levels
- An ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop consensus and create structure in an unstructured environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top university and excellent academic performance. Quantitative degree in computer science/engineering, economics or finance preferred but not required.
If interested, please apply here.