Blue Mountain is looking for a high-potential individual to join its Business Development organization at the Houston headquarters to support its fast-growing midstream Oil & Gas business. This individual will report to the Director of Fundamentals & Financial Analysis and will interact on a daily basis with the senior C-suite executives and other senior managers of Blue Mountain.
The individual will be responsible for supporting Blue Mountain’s business and corporate development efforts in the natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids midstream sectors through building and maintaining project financial models, developing and analyzing upstream economic and volume projections, supporting the development of proposals for new business, assisting in the evaluation of potential mergers and/or acquisitions, researching special projects at the request of senior management, and other critical tasks related to sourcing, negotiating, and executing on new business development opportunities.
- Construct and maintain financial models supporting various projects as directed by the Director of Fundamentals and Financial Analysis
- Evaluate external financial models and conduct due diligence for potential strategic M&A and joint-venture opportunities
- Prepare presentation materials for Blue Mountain’s senior executive team and Board of Directors
- Assist in evaluating upstream Oil & Gas economics of current and prospective customers as they relate to potential midstream business models
- Develop upstream volume projections for natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids production by current and prospective customers
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Legal/Contracts, Marketing, and Accounting departments as it relates to the development of new business proposals or strategic corporate development transactions
- Work on special research projects related to Oil & Gas midstream services
- Support capital markets outreach and budget modeling efforts of the Finance & Treasury departments
- Assist the Treasury department in setting commodity price hedges as dictated by Blue Mountain’s loan agreements and senior management
- Aid in any other special projects as dictated by the needs of Blue Mountain’s development and executive teams
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA, CFA, and/or CPA preferred
- Educational focus in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or energy-related Engineering strongly preferred
- Three to five years’ prior experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, corporate finance, or other equivalent with a focus on the energy industry, though exceptions may be made for candidates with fewer years of exceptional relevant prior experience
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas upstream or midstream sectors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to self-manage projects and teams under tight deadlines
- Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems and defining new opportunities
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling, preferably as it pertains to the energy industry
- Strong understanding of the upstream and/or midstream sectors of the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to provide direction to and produce results from individuals who are not direct reports in order to complete group projects across departments
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and planning skills
- Understanding of the general engineering and construction process for large Oil & Gas capital projects
- Understanding of and experience with industry-typical midstream commercial contracts
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Primarily office environment
- Routine work involves common office activities during a typical 9-hour day such as standing, sitting, walking, typing and twisting as necessary
- May have occasional requirements to work late or on weekends in times of tight internal or external deadlines
- May include occasional attendance at business development events after standard work hours (such as meals with key current or prospective customers)
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
- Must follow all company safety policies, including when visiting field locations
- Blue Mountain provides a competitive compensation package that includes: competitive base salary and bonus opportunities, paid time off, 10 paid holidays, comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and disability benefits for employees, and flex work schedule.
- Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with relevant experience.
- Opportunity for advancement and professional development within a fast-growing and dynamic organization.
If interested, please apply here.