Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Corporate & Business Development Team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating and executing the company’s strategic acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and divestitures. This responsibility is company-wide and global. Since 2011, eBay has announced more than 20 M&A transactions with an aggregate transaction value of approximately $3.5 billion.
The Associate will play an important role in supporting the Corporate & Business Development Team’s projects and activities. This will include:
- Developing and implementing decision-making frameworks for evaluation of acquisition and investment opportunities
- Support senior leaders driving consensus on complex strategic questions with engagement from senior management, cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Prepare executive-ready presentations with strategic framing, analysis, and recommendations
- Develop insightful analysis of key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Identifying and evaluating (both independently and in collaboration with eBay’s business units) potential candidates for acquisition or investment
- Conducting rigorous valuation analyses (using multiple methodologies) and business/integration case modeling in order to provide detailed guidance regarding potential acquisitions or investments
- Coordinating due diligence reviews of potential candidates, and evaluating the due diligence results.
- Facilitating and managing acquisition and investment processes with cross-functional groups involving persons from our business units and our Corporate Strategy, Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Site Operations, Product Management, and Product Development teams
Candidates for the position should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience. Work experience at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting firm, private equity or venture capital firm is preferred
- Experience in settings that require critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions, to multi-task and to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong project management skills including ability to drive multiple end-to-end projects simultaneously
- Interest in ecommerce & web-based businesses
- Fun, outgoing, and easy to work with
If interested, please apply here.