IDEXX Laboratories is a leading animal health technology company with operations on six continents serving customers in over 150 countries. We’re a member of the S&P500 and Nasdaq 100 indices, ranked by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers, and have innovation in our DNA. Come join a vibrant organization tasked with prioritizing the best growth opportunities within an industry that has strong tailwinds and long-term upside.
IDEXX’s Corporate Development team is tasked with identifying worldwide inorganic growth opportunities spanning acquisitions, licensing, and third-party partnerships. We fuse strategy with transactions to deliver solutions for IDEXX’s lines of business. Day-to-day activities vary widely with evolving corporate initiatives so you will never be bored in this high-profile role.
Job Profile Summary
Performs a variety of activities related to acquisition execution, technology scouting, industry research, business case development, and strategy implementation. Partners with lines of business to provide strategic consulting, advice and support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages corporate acquisitions through sourcing inbound opportunities to guiding due diligence and pre-closing integration planning
- Leads legal documentation for transactions such as acquisitions to in- and out-licensing, and third-party technology partnerships
- Guides internal strategy relates to niche acquisitions across IDEXX’s lines of business
- Distills market research into insights for the team
- Researches industries to identify potential acquisition targets
- Develops financial models and other ad hoc project analyses
- Eager to lead transaction workstreams but also willing to help with basic tasks such as data entry
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of transaction experience, either through corporate development, private equity, venture capital, management consulting, or a combination.
- Experience with life sciences markets, preferably in diagnostics technologies.
- Ability to work fluidly across multiple teams dispersed globally.
- Strong financial modeling and data manipulation capabilities.
If interested, please apply here.