Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
We are seeking an exceptional Corporate Development Associate to help identify and execute acquisition, partnership and investment opportunities. This newly created role will report into the 23andMe Business Development & Alliances team and be responsible for conducting market landscape research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic recommendations, and internal and external relationship building.
The ideal pre-MBA candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or corporate development in the area of healthcare (ideally biotechnology, pharmaceutical or digital health), providing industry and company research, financial forecasting, and transaction execution.
What you’ll do
- Actively identify, source, and meet with acquisition and partner prospects
- Support internal acquisition evaluation processes, including partner vs buy analyses, and development of executive summaries
- Maintain a database of prospective companies and investors across multiple areas of interest
- Support purchase structures and deal terms creation with financial and strategic analysis, including financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-integration planning
- Quarterback cross-functional due diligence
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Build effective relationships both within 23andMe, as well as external VC, finance, and start-up ecosystems
- Support the Business Development team in other new channel development and maintenance, including our marketplace partnerships and employer programs.
What you’ll bring
- 2-4 years of work experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital and/or private equity with a focus in healthcare
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech and/or digital health industry strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a solid academic record
- Exceptional communication (interpersonal, oral and written) and teamwork skills
- Sharp analytical skills and problem-solving aptitude with the ability to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Excel and PowerPoint guru
- Organized, self-starter, and ability to quickly adjust to the changing landscape in consumer genetics
- Passionate about health, science and wellness
If interested, please apply here.