- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in management consulting, technology-focused corporate strategy function, corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analytics.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end, manage multiple long-term projects simultaneously and manage teams.
- Experience in Internet, communications or e-commerce.
- Relevant relationships and contacts in the technology industry and community.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
About the job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be.
The Corporate Development team drives Google’s worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, scouting and strategy specialists, and integration experts, we’re dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, and help run post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Structure complex problems, gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously, and deliver insights and recommendations to Google and Alphabet’s executive teams.
- Understand and stay current on various regional markets, industry trends, competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts; leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate deal opportunities.
- Identify and engage potential M&A or investment opportunities via personal and event networking, technology meet-ups, cold outreach and industry research. Build connections with investors and start-up ecosystems and industry experts.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision making within senior-level audiences, and drive management team decisions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.