Amplio Ventures was founded in 2019 with the mission of stabilizing the global refugee community through leveraging the power of the private sector, by investing capital guided by the following belief:
- Refugee entrepreneurs are worth backing
- The refugee workforce is worth leveraging
- The global refugee community is a market worth serving
Refugees are both undervalued and overlooked. Businesses founded by refugees are materially more likely to succeed, refugee employees add tangible value to the companies they serve and, as a market, the refugee community is growing year over year. By investing with a refugee lens and leveraging this undervaluation, Amplio Ventures, backs enterprises that are founded by refugees, leverage the refugee workforce and/or focus on the global refugee community. These investments will yield market-rate financial returns while achieving measurable impact.
Chief Investment Officer
Amplio Ventures is seeking a Chief Investment Officer to shape the firm’s diligence and investment processes, manage the fund and its portfolio to maximize the financial return to investors, and ensure that lasting impact is achieved. This position will report to the Fund’s investment committee as well as the Partners at Amplio Ventures in the day-to-day management of the fund.
We are looking for a well-organized and analytical professional. The CIO will provide insight and direction, lead investment teams, complete all fund transactions and effectively maintain portfolio developments. To excel in this position, you will possess a sound understanding of all investment policies and guidelines, demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and maintain a strong professional work ethic.
- Fundraising: Contribute to our effort to raise capital
- Investment process: Lead Amplio Venture’s investment process, including sourcing, evaluating, underwriting, and structuring investment opportunities
- Portfolio management: Build a portfolio of best-in-class businesses, and provide these businesses with strategic and growth guidance
Who are you?
You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in high-performance environments (ex: investment banking, private equity, venture capital, etc.). You are most likely coming from an environment with strong financial incentives, and your core motivation involves using your skills to also create lasting impact. Additional requirements:
- Graduate Degree in finance or a relevant field from an accredited institution
- CFA and/or MBA designation preferred but not necessary
- Excellent, attributable investment track record at an established venture capital or growth equity firm (with realized exits)
- Demonstrated ability to source compelling investment opportunities and build meaningful relationships with current and prospective portfolio companies
- Experience as a value-added partner for growing portfolio companies, as either a board member or board observer
- Strategic thinker and proficient in decision-making
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
- Have a solid background and understanding of the tech-environment, entrepreneurship and digital business models
- Bring a hands-on approach and ability to lead both internal and external teams
- Pay attention to detail, show great work ethic and know how to prioritize large, complex projects
- Are results-oriented and able to excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust easily with shifting priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
- Are team-oriented, motivated, committed, proactive, persistent and dependable and are able to work independently
- Have a passion to make the world a better place, and a professional drive that will contribute to the investment operations at Amplio Ventures
- Full-Time role is preferred // Part-Time role is an option for the right candidate
- Remote work is acceptable with 10% travel
- Vested Stock Agreements for the right candidate
Please direct all questions and interest to Chase Carroll at email@example.com. Interested parties must submit a CV and Cover Letter.