HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The HCA Healthcare Mission Fund is an investment and innovation fund created as part of HCA Healthcare’s acquisition of Mission Health, a six-hospital system in Asheville and western North Carolina. The Fund will deploy $25 million to support organizations that engage in innovation in the delivery of healthcare services that improve quality, cost or efficiency of those healthcare services, and benefit the residents of 18 Western North Carolina counties.
- Supports the implementation of HCA’s Strategic Goals for the Fund.
- Identifies, prioritizes and screens potential investment opportunities that align with the Fund purpose and criteria established by the Governing Board.
- Leads and manages innovation transactions including investments, grants, joint ventures, co-development arrangements and other partnerships.
- Conducts industry research on target industries and competitive analysis on transaction targets.
- Manages the end-to-end process on transactions from concept through closing.
- Designs transaction structures to optimally address specific strategic, financial and operational circumstances and the needs of HCA and the partner organization.
- Coordinates with HCA’s Special Assets and Strategy & Innovation Groups regarding financial models, valuation processes, and business case development.
- Works with HCA executives and counsel to fulfill required reporting obligations and to inform NC-based interested parties about the progress of the Fund.
- Presents, in partnership with HCA’s Special Assets, investment opportunities to the Fund’s Investment Committee for final deal approvals.
- Consults with HCA executives on transaction, investment and strategies, including investigation, planning and implementation.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with relevant regional and healthcare-related business development entities, entrepreneurs, investors and related service providers to build a sustainable investment pipeline.
- Connects directly and seamlessly to executive sponsors of transactions, investments and innovation projects.
- Develops and communicates strategic, operational and financial rationale and complex transaction analyses in support of Fund investments to other HCA executives and relevant Board and/or committee members.
- Engages directly with transaction leader(s) of target companies, including target’s senior management, investors and other key individuals in sourcing, securing, negotiating and closing transactions.
- Manages and navigates large and cross-functional teams in a highly complex task environment, working on tight deadlines. Establishes operations plans (transaction maps, strategic plans, etc.) for assignments and helps manage the team responsible for executing on the plan.
- Develops and manages financial models for transaction targets, and continually research and update the models working together with other team members, as well as other corporate departments.
- Develops both general policies and objectives applicable to all partner companies, as well as individual company goals and objectives, and establishes and implements policies and procedure for individual portfolio company operations.
- Coordinates and communicates the corporate regulatory/legal framework and ensures that all transactions meet the standards provided, and that the portfolio companies have appropriate knowledge and policies.
- Practice and adhere to the HCA “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in transaction-related business required
- Corporate development, investment banking or venture capital experience highly recommended
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills are required, as is the ability to interact and work with multidisciplinary teams including HCA operations executives, physicians and various external parties, ranging from for-profit companies, to academic, non-profit and government institutions
- The candidate has responsibility for building consensus across HCA executive teams and in executing the HCA view in connection with Fund partner companies.
- The position requires a team-oriented and detail-oriented manager who can deliver stable performance in a complex environment with multiple masters and points of view.
- College Graduate Required
- Masters of Business Administration, MPH, CPA, Juris Doctor or other advanced transactional degree strongly preferred
IF interested, please apply here.