This is a very unique role within our Global Research and Development organization. We are looking for an Associate Manager to support our PepsiCo Research and Development Technology Ventures (PTV) team in identifying technical, operational unlocks, and/or partner subject matter expertise needed to deliver the consumer-validated proposition/business opportunity to fulfill a current need of PepsiCo. Scope is across PepsiCo categories covering Foods and Beverages opportunities as well as cross-functional assistance for other teams outside R&D (e.g. supply chain, e-commerce, etc.). Opportunities can cover ingredients, processing, packaging, products, business models, etc.
An excellent PTV Associate Manager is expected to deliver thoughtful recommendations for new ideas/concepts based on technology trends and ecosystem activity (unarticulated need ideation).
This PTV role is unique in the fact that the main responsibility is acting as a deal analyst for the entire global PTV team. The desired individual will act as a deal analyst on the many various unique deals the PTV team needs to negotiate and execute with our various partners of choice across universities, start-ups, SME suppliers, large MNCs, open innovation intermediaries, etc.
All PepsiCo Technology Ventures (PTV) roles require a unique skill set of technical depth to quickly evaluate technical competency of external solutions coupled with excellent communication and business savvy to share potential opportunity with respective internal PepsiCo business stakeholders and asses its ultimate business value. The people acumen to keep both internal and external parties fully engaged and collaborating is critical for the PTV Team to make PepsiCo the “partner of choice” for external collaborators and innovators. Contract facilitation and deal negotiation are often necessary to bring a partnership to conclusion to enable PepsiCo R&D work to continue to completion.
Position can be based at any of our headquartered locations – Purchase, New York; Chicago, Illinois or Plano, Texas
- Bachelors Business Degree required and MBA preferred
- 4-6 years of industry experience in Venture Capital, Investment Banking, or Private Equity. Recent MBA graduate with 3-4 years pre-MBA, VC/PE is acceptable
- Experience in CPG/Healthcare/Food & Beverage is preferred
- Previous experience in technology scouting and IP landscaping
- Engineering, Science background or knowledge of technical deals
- Experience working with start-ups and mid-size companies
- Experience with term sheets; different deal structures (Equity, Warrants, Convertible Notes etc.)
- Experience with valuations, investments, financial statements and opportunity assessments and sizing business value
- Experience working with multi-party and multi-functional contracts
- Strong history of demonstrated success in deal structure and contract negotiation
- Demonstrated past success in working across functions and gaining alignment from senior leaders on complex deal architecture and Capital Expenditure (CapEx) approval
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and previous experience of presenting to non-financial teams and individuals
- Works well with minimal oversight (self-driven for results), but also can collaborate in a team environment as required, especially with R&D stakeholders and internal customers
If interested, please apply here.