Omidyar Technology Ventures (Linkedin, AngelCo, Crunchbase) is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm created and solely funded by eBay founder, technologist, and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar. The firm is a traditionally structured early stage venture capital fund with a focus on commercial technology innovation and entrepreneurs across a variety of market categories.
Role and Intro: The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, loves startups, and has experience in the technology industry. This candidate will be highly networked in Silicon Valley and with the startup community, and enjoys finding and meeting startups. This role is best suited for someone with two to three years of work experience.
Major areas of responsibility: The Investment Associate will be involved in the full spectrum of investment activities from sourcing and vetting new investment opportunities to supporting existing portfolio companies. This individual’s responsibilities include the following:
● Actively source investment opportunities in specific areas of focus
● Review and analyze prospective companies and support due diligence efforts
● Support deal execution including developing an investment thesis, building financial models, and preparing investment memorandum
● Support market research to better understand emerging themes
● Provide analytic support for projects to support OTV portfolio companies
● Contribute to periodic investment area strategic reviews
● Collaborate internally to advance OTV strategy and mission
● Occasional domestic travel as necessary for the above activities
Desired Experience / Skills:
● 2-3 years working experience in a technical/product role at a technology startup and/or conducting company evaluation and financial analysis at a top tier investment bank, buy-side investment firm or consulting firm
● BS/BA in major field of study with analytic focus (technical degree preferred)
● Strong analytical skills including strategic thinking, financial modeling, and deal evaluation
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Highly fluent in technology with understanding of programming and product development
● Highly networked in Silicon Valley and within the founder / startup community
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to any relevant online presence (twitter, blog, etc.). Due to the number of applicants, we will only be able to respond to relevant candidates. In your email (no cover letter), please answer the following questions:
● What is the most interesting startup you have heard about in the last year? Why do you like it and what are your concerns?
● What do you think are the three most important technological trends? Why?