Quona Capital is a venture capital firm that invests in growth-stage financial technology companies in emerging markets. The firm was formed with a simple idea – technology has the power to radically improve the quality, access and affordability of financial services for underserved consumers and businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and India. We invest in disruptive innovations to create a more financially inclusive world.
Quona is looking to hire an Associate focused on investments in Sub-Saharan Africa who will be based in Washington, DC. The role is highly entrepreneurial, spanning emerging market venture investing, consulting/management, and entrepreneurship, with a focus on cutting edge innovation in financial inclusion. The associate will support regional deal sourcing and tracking, prepare investment memoranda, assist with due diligence and execution of investment opportunities, and support Quona’s existing portfolio strategy. Additionally, the associate will represent Quona at industry networking events, conferences, and speaking engagements, with some travel required.
- Undergraduate/graduate degree (MBA or advanced degree a plus).
- 2+ years of full-time work experience with a top tier consulting, PE/VC, or investment banking firm.
- Experience in technology and/or financial services preferred.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- French language skills (oral and written) preferred, in addition to English.
- Work experience in Africa and intercultural communication skills preferred.
- Outgoing, self-starter, strong communicator, personable.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HR@quona.com. For further information on the role, click here.