Point Nine Capital is an international early-stage venture capital firm based in Berlin. We’re a down-to-earth team with a diverse set of backgrounds but the same passion: startups and technology. Our mission is to find and back the best early-stage internet startups in Europe and help them achieve their full potential. We’re currently looking for an extremely smart and super-driven truffle pig (AKA Associate) who’s ready for a real challenge.
truffle pig search there’s now a second chance to become part of our success story. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (well, maybe a twice-in-a-decade-opportunity), since we don’t hire that often for our small team.
What will you be working on?
If you become our next truffle pig you will:
- Help us find the next Eurocorn by assessing incoming investment leads and by pro-actively sourcing new deals.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and deep-dive into product assessments, market analyses, competitive research, financial models and other areas of due diligence.
- Work your behind off to help our portfolio companies in any imaginable way.
- Build and maintain great relationships with various stakeholders in the ecosystem and help us build a reputation for being a kick-ass founder-friendly VC in Europe.
What we think the right candidate will look like
- Just like us you have a huge passion for startups and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ideally, you already have at least 1-2 years of experience within the startup ecosystem (be it as a startup employee/founder or on the investment side).
- You’re a digital native. If someone in your family has an IT problem, you’re usually the one who has to fix it. Extra points if you can code.
- You can communicate with computers but you can also communicate with human beings (AKA you have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and you are able to use them.)
- Cohort analysis is music to your ears.
- You love to build things.
- You quickly adapt to new situations and are a multi-tasking hero with amazing self organisation and task prioritisation skills.
- You’re fluent in English. Further language skills are a plus.
Where do I sign up?
If you want to become our new truffle pig we would love to hear from you. In order for us to be able to assess your trufflepigness, please …
- Tell us about two truffles that could be a good fit for P9 and why you believe so. If you’re not aware of any great new startups at the moment you can also tell us about two of your favorite companies that we have missed and that we should have invested in.
- Send us any other information you think might be helpful (keeping it short and simple).
PS: We’re very open to a non-Berliner who wants to relocate to Berlin. In case you’re not yet convinced that Berlin is a great startup city, check this out.