Founded in 2016, new venture capital firm based in New York City focused on early stage investments in the enterprise FinTech vertical. The firm’s founder has been actively investing in the public and private markets for 15 years and is backed by some of the most notable, innovative financial institutions in the U.S. Our mission is to provide advocacy, connectivity and mentorship to innovative enterprise FinTech companies around the world.
This role is for an Associate position on the firm’s founding team. You will work closely with the firm’s founder and principals as an integral part of the investment team and a meaningful contributor to our growth and success. This is a very rare opportunity to help build a new venture capital firm from the ground up. This opportunity will provide the Associate with a unique environment to challenge themselves.
The Associate can generally expect to:
- Monitor trends through continuous market research and identify compelling companies
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurs, service providers, and others in the FinTech ecosystem
- Assist in the due diligence process for new potential investments
- Assist with the development of deal summaries and investment memorandums
- Over time, assist portfolio companies with special projects
- Over time, fill a public-facing role within the FinTech ecosystem on behalf of the firm (e.g., mentoring start-ups in incubator programs, blogging, organizing and/or speaking at events)
- Demonstrated interest and passion for entrepreneurship and emerging tech shaping the FinTech space, especially on the enterprise side
- Ability to effectively connect with key members of the technology & financial services ecosystems
- Strong written and analytical abilities, including strong financial modeling skills
- 1–3 years of work experience in product or operations at a technology company, management consulting, investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extra Credit: Startup experience
- Extra Credit: Technical skills (e.g., website development, CRM systems, programming)
- Links to LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, etc.
- Not more than a half page of text answering the following questions:
- Within FinTech, what is an investment idea, a sub-sector or theme that interests you and why?
- Within that area, what is a specific company that interests you—one that has raised less than $20 million—and why? How do you see the investment working out and what is the exit