Hummingbird Ventures is a venture capital partner for extraordinary entrepreneurs building fast-growth technology companies. We’ve teamed up with transformative companies, including Deliveroo, Showpad, Clear2pay, Peak Games, Amplidata, Kraken, Markavip, Gram Games, Shutl, Ciceksepeti and many others. With a presence in London, Ghent and Istanbul, Hummingbird provides swift access to the operational resources and advice needed to build the tech companies of tomorrow.
Hummingbird Ventures is looking for an exceptional full time Associate/Senior Associate who will:
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow: from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution and closing.
- Map and research emerging spaces across target geographies to identify attractive markets.
- Help build a more data-driven approach to dealflow and portfolio hiring.
- Meet and network with exceptional entrepreneurs and attend leading industry events.
- Monitor and report on various metrics and identify areas within the fund on how we can improve.
- Actively support the existing portfolio companies.
- Passionate and curious about technology and startups.
- Is a driven self-starter, needs little guidance and takes ownership.
- Strong analytical and communication skills; ideally a combination of a nerdy, fast learner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working at tech startup, consulting, investment banking or venture capital/private equity.
- Strong academic performance and a degree from a top-tier undergraduate institution.
- Will preferably be based in one of Europe’s tech hubs. Fluency in a major European language in addition to English is preferred.
- Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred, either founding or being a part of a startup technology company. Some coding experience and/or investment experience would be a plus.
This salary will be competitive and includes fund equity, to be negotiated based on candidates’ skillset. In addition, the candidate will receive significant mentorship from Hummingbird team, have a chance to work with exceptional entrepreneurs, travel to attend conferences and startup events and be part of a small, dynamic, non-hierarchical team with a strong Pan-European track record.