Greycroft Partners is a leading early stage venture capital firm focused on investments in outstanding companies built on digital, mobile, and internet platforms. With offices in New York and Los Angeles, Greycroft is uniquely positioned to serve entrepreneurs who have chosen us as their partners. We leverage our extensive network of industry connections to help our entrepreneurs gain visibility, build strategic relationships, successfully bring their products to market, and build explosive businesses. Greycroft manages more than $800MM and has made over one hundred investments in leading companies including Huffington Post, Buddy Media, Maker Studios, Trunk Club, Braintree/Venmo, and App Annie. We have a deep respect for the roles that entrepreneurship and venture capital play in the world economy and are committed to learning from both success and failure.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, valuation memos, and investor updates.
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management meetings, and deal flow in general.
- Attend industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community
- 1-3 years of investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or technology (preferably in product management / engineering) experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Recognized ability to get s**t done
- Desire to integrate with the technology and startup community
- A passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- Compensation is market-competitive
- This is designed as a two-year position for pre-graduate school professionals
- Please submit to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents for consideration:
- Two writing samples:
- Investment memo for a company you think could be a compelling investment
- Answer the following question prompt: Microsoft recently acquired LinkedIn opportunity for $26B. Why do you think Microsoft acquired LinkedIn and do you think it was a good acquisition decision?
- Sample Excel model (plus, but not required)
- Deadline to apply: July 8, 2016