Engineering Capital is a venture capital firm that partners with great entrepreneurs driven by technical insights: We boldly invest before traditional venture firms are willing. We are the rare institutional investor that focuses exclusively on leading seed-stage investments. Our current focus areas are IT infrastructure, Cloud, and ML/AI. Example investments include Menlo Security, Kentik, Netsil, Datos.io, RuperBot, YotaScale and Palerra (acquired by Oracle).
- Source new investment opportunities and embed yourself in the startup community,
building meaningful relationships with CEOs and entrepreneurs
- Evaluate new investment opportunities supporting our due diligence process
- Research and form an “informed mind” around emerging technologies and companies
- Support current portfolio companies and entrepreneurs-in-residence
- Assist Ashmeet Sidana in all aspects of running the firm
- Help build a new kind of venture firm laser focused on building large, enduring businesses
You’ll work closely with Managing Partner (and Chief Engineer) Ashmeet Sidana, whose experience includes managing venture capital funds, serving on multiple Boards of Directors, helping build the industry leading products VMware ESX Server and Silicon Graphics WebFORCE, and hanging out at Mount Everest.
- BS or BE in Computer Science
- 2-4 years product development or management experience in IT infrastructure or ML/AI
- (Desirable) Founder or early stage startup experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical thinking, and the ability to self-direct and
prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- US Citizenship or “greencard” required
Intrigued by a technical insight? Know of a problem that could be solved if only someone had a suitable insight? Does it have the potential to develop into an enduring company? E.g:
- Running software in the cloud requires trusting the underlying service provider and
hardware. A solution which did not require this could enable cloud adoption for a large
new class of opportunities.
- A run-time engine to translate / execute on-premise software to Lambda?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a short (few lines to 1-page) description about a technical insight, along with your resume. Subject line should read: ASSOCIATE – FULL NAME. Please do NOT send proprietary or confidential information.