WHO WE ARE: DCM Ventures (CrunchBase, AngelList) is a global early stage VC firm managing over $3.0 billion in assets with strong presence in the US and Asia. Since 1996, DCM has invested in more than 300 technology companies across the world’s top three technology markets (U.S., China, & Japan). We’re led by a seasoned team of operators with technology and cross-Pacific expertise that has consistently driven stellar returns for our LPs. The firm recently closed fundraising on its eighth flagship fund at $500 million.
ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate at DCM Ventures will be working with a small team and be given responsibilities like sourcing new investment opportunities, compiling due diligence for live deals, supporting existing portfolio companies, and generating novel investment theses. In addition, Associates are asked to support the firm on internal initiatives such as communicating with our Limited Partners, which include some of the largest tech companies in Asia.
Candidates must be self-starters as the role comes with a high degree of autonomy. DCM Associates have the unique opportunity to gain exposure to the firm’s global deal flow and travel between our Asian offices in Beijing and Tokyo. Associates also sit in on our global investment team meetings and are expected to actively contribute to investment committee discussions.
- 1-4 years of experience in a product management, product marketing or a business operations role at a fast growing startup is preferred.
- Technical undergrad degree from a top tier university highly preferred, but not required.
- Able to demonstrate familiarity and knowledge in emerging technologies and venture funding.
- Practical knowledge of finance (corporate valuation), strong analytical ability and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, hard-working, humble and intellectually curious.
- Having a passion for technology to match the those of our entrepreneurs will help you make a lasting impact.
CAREER PATH: This is a two-year Associate program with potential for promotion to Investment Manager upon completion and exemplary performance. DCM’s Associate Program has an exceptional track record: past Associates have been accepted into top-tier MBA programs such as Stanford GSB and HBS and several Associates have gone on to start companies backed by DCM Ventures and other top-tier VC funds.
COMPENSATION: Market competitive
LOCATION: Bay Area (CA)
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the US
HOW TO APPLY: Do not cold email. Get a warm intro to any of our team members. Your ability to develop and utilize a network is an essential skill for this role. We’d like to see that you can do that. Also, draft a short investment memo of a company that you think would make a good fit for DCM Ventures as part of your application.