This is a unique opportunity to join Accretive, a private investment firm with a distinctive track record of creating and funding disruptive technology companies, including Fandango, Accretive Health, Accolade and Insureon. The firm focuses on uncovering a root pain point for a set of customers and then aggressively backing a team of hand-picked executives to build a tech-enabled solution from the ground-up, or otherwise making an acquisition and accelerating the growth of a like-minded business.
You will work directly with the firm’s partners: J. Michael Cline, the former senior partner at General Atlantic who has founded a dozen companies across five sectors, Edgar Bronfman Jr., the former Chairman / CEO of Seagram’s and Warner Music Group, and David Whelan, the VP corporate development for Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, who was part of the founding team at Virgin America.
This role will focus on growing and improving our existing portfolio companies, including: Insureon, the nation’s leading online marketplace for small business insurance; Accolade, a healthcare coordination and consumer engagement platform that improves the patient experience and drives savings for large self-insured employers; Accumen, a company focused on lab transformation and Everspring, a high-growth technology-enabled partner in online education to Top 200 research universities. We recruit “best in class” talent to run our companies and as such you will work closely with leading executives and independent board members hailing from such top-tier organizations as GE, McKinsey, Accenture, Dell, Kaplan Higher Education, Aon, and Concur Technologies.
You will focus on corporate growth strategy, equity and debt financings, exits (via either IPO or M&A), talent acquisition and organizational development, operational improvements, and technology and product strategy.
We are a small team doing big things and looking for a similarly unique individual to join us for two years before either helping start the next new Accretive business, joining one of our existing growth stage companies, starting your own company or going to business school.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2-3 years’ work experience with McKinsey/Bain/BCG, a top tier investment bank, or a leading PE/VC firm
- Top-quartile performance in role
- Demonstrated intellectual horsepower (academic success, similar indicators)
Candidates will differentiate themselves on a few dimensions we feel are critical to success in our unique model:
- Confidence to work independently, yet a willingness to learn and respond to feedback
- Strong financial literacy skills and willingness to use deep research to uncover valuable insights
- Emotionally intelligent, perceptive, and able to navigate complex organizational issues
- Genuine interest in sectors relevant to Accretive’s portfolio (tech-enabled business services, healthcare, education)
If interested, please send a resume to Avi Dorfman – email@example.com