American Family Ventures (AFV) is the venture arm of American Family Insurance (AFI), a Fortune 500 carrier offering home, auto, life and small commercial insurance products. American Family Ventures is focused on generating superior financial returns from early to growth stage investments in companies that drive improvement across one or more aspects of the risk management value chain—distribution, product development, underwriting, policy administration and servicing, and capital structuring. AFV works to foster the success of its portfolio companies by leveraging the unique resources and insights of AFI and its affiliate companies.
We are looking to hire an Associate or Principal to join our Madison, WI-based deal team or work remotely from one of several major U.S. markets. In this exciting role, the candidate will be an integral part of the firm and will play a key role in cultivating investment interests, sourcing deals, conducting due diligence, structuring and closing transactions, and managing portfolio companies. We are committed to building a team of people who think analytically, demonstrate exceptional judgment, communicate effectively, and above all, are passionate about helping entrepreneurs build world-class businesses.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with entrepreneurs and other investors
- Developing investment theses and decision frameworks in areas of interest to the fund
- Sourcing and identifying attractive investment opportunities
- Conducting market, product and financial due diligence
- Participating in or leading deal structuring and closing processes
- Supporting the fund’s portfolio companies
- Interacting with other colleagues at American Family Insurance and its affiliate companies
- Available to work nights and weekends as necessary. Up to 50% travel required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 2-5 years of finance, consulting or tech experience
- Master’s or professional level degree
- Demonstrable ability to perform rigorous quantitative analysis necessary to size market opportunities, test unit economics, evaluate overall financial soundness, and model investment returns
- Passion for new, disruptive technologies and business models
- Intellectual curiosity and relentless commitment to excellence
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excels working in a self-directed manner within a dynamic, unstructured environment
For more information or to express interest in the position, please contact Dan Reed (email@example.com), Kyle Nakatsuji (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Josh Smith (email@example.com), preferably by Friday, April 22