Within the family of Sanofi is Sanofi-Genzyme BioVentures (SGBV). SGBV is a strategic venture capital fund investing in early-stage innovative companies. SGBV focuses on core areas of interest to Sanofi, including rare diseases, vaccines as well as transformational opportunities in new areas of biology and digital health where we can have an impact for patients.
SGBV is looking to add a team oriented junior investor interested to help execute on SGBV’s strategic investment mandate. Given SGBV’s hands on approach to managing its investments, it is important that the new Associate Director/Director of Investments will share our values and have relevant life science expertise. He/she will be a professional, bringing a willingness to learn corporate venture capital (if no prior investing experience), and a desire to take an active approach to management of portfolio companies. With SGBV’s lean organization, he/she should be interested to be involved in all aspects of corporate venture capital.
The Director of Investments will be tasked to contribute to the decision making process as well as present deals to the investment committee. It is expected that he/she will have the opportunity to take Board level roles in 1-5 years depending on level of experience (equivalent to an associate to senior associate role at an institutional fund).
Investment Analysis: Provide detailed analytical and due diligence support as required. Works with technical and business teams; solicits input and advice from senior management, advisors, and others as appropriate regarding prioritization and selection of investment candidates.
Investments: help manage all internal processes of communication and coordination regarding investment candidates in order to prioritize and build consensus for investments.
Investment committee: assist with preparing presentations and reports and is principally responsible for content, style and analytics associated with the quarterly investment meetings.
Portfolio Management: assist with oversight and manage existing portfolio of direct investments vis-à-vis program development status.
Periodic travel to France required.
- BA and graduate degree (MBA / MD / PhD) required (preference for MD).
- 3+ years of directly relevant business experience in the Life Sciences industry required.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter spirit
- Ability to build trust with the management of the invested companies
- Robust technical and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct market, business, and competitive analysis and translate results into effective communication tools (presentations, memos)
- Experience with financial modeling
- Hard working, driven, results-oriented and focused on success
- Team player, hands-on attitude, willingness to be actively involved in operations
- Loyal and transparent, willing to join a team for a long-term commitment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible and creative business approach
- High ethical standards and integrity
- A focus on consistent excellence and ongoing improvement
- Initial experience in top tier institutional fund preferred, but not required. Prior career experience in biotech, investment banking, and/or top tier consulting firm would also provide a positive background
If interested, please apply here.