Axiata Digital’s mission remains to enhance Axiata’s core business revenue by creating new sources of value and contributing to the longterm upside creation through partnerships and acquisitions in the digital ecosystem. Through Axiata Digital, we have expanded our portfolio of services to cater to online customers via connected devices and our digital strategy has managed to capture an increased share of customer wallet and reach beyond Axiata’s traditional mobile services of approximately 320 million mobile subscribers.
Axiata Digital is in a unique position to leverage on the Group’s strength as a leading regional telecommunications operator, by building on existing customer relationships within our eight mobile markets, which now includes Nepal through the acquisition of Ncell in 2016. It is also able to capitalize on the physical distribution networks of Axiata and partner stores in most of our markets of operation, allowing customers and digital businesses alike to have physical points of contact. As the Group enters into its third phase of growth which focuses on being a New Generation Digital Champion, Axiata Digital supports Axiata’s growth agenda through the following value capturing initiatives: Driving synergies across the portfolio of investee companies and related Operating Companies (OpCos) through the use of relevant services and joint marketing activities Creating value by churn reduction, increased data usage and insights into user behavior that can be leveraged by mobile operations Attracting new strategic and financial investors to contribute to the growth of the investee companies
The learnings, experience, and data acquired from incubating and launching new businesses have assisted Axiata Digital in developing new business models to address prevailing market challenges of hyper-competition, disruptive technologies and new trends within our footprint
- A game-changer, and one who recognises the need to Dream Big and Be Bold and Disrupt, Disrupt, Disrupt.
- Excellent in execution and beyond mere blue-prints and high-level strategy; thus recognising the need to get your hands dirty and Act Now! before the competition shows you how it should have been done.
- Experienced and full of substance in your subject matter expertise, yet able to Be Humble and Team-up, because only as a unified team will the Company be able to succeed and stand-out in the market.
- In the process of pushing the envelope and raising the bar, not afraid to Fail, (in order) to Learn, especially in a less-ventured space.
- Quirky, cheerful and friendly enough to, you know… Have Fun and Do Good.
We Have a Role For You:
This role will support Axiata Digital Corporate Development. This small team is responsible for ADS’ investments, restructuring and portfolio management, as well as other complex strategic / financial analysis for senior management. In addition, Corporate Development team is also responsible for business development projects and management of ADS portfolio companies.
- Responsible for managing operations of CD activities – investments, partnerships, restructuring, etc
- Research and analyze industries, companies and business models
- Analyze potential strategic investments and monitor existing investments
- Analyzing business performance and other corporate activities
- Developing presentations for ADS’s senior management, Board of Directors and shareholders
- Supporting and helping to coordinate due diligence processes for M&A activity or departmental projects
- Collaborating with relevant business units and functional business units across ADS to further various initiatives and strategy
- Prepare and record department’s process documents such as SOP, business cases, budget transfers, etc
- At least 4 to 6 years’ experience, preferably in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital or management consulting
- Exceptional stakeholder management & analytical skills
- Extraordinary focus on details, accuracy and quality
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and prioritize work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
If interested, please apply here.