The Priceline Group (NASDAQ:PCLN) is the world’s leading online travel & hospitality services provider, with 557 million hotel room nights sold, over $10 billion in revenue in 2016 and current market cap of ~$90 billion. The Priceline Group’s mission is to help people experience the world via our six Global Brands:
- Booking.com: The world’s leading brand for booking online accommodation reservations, based on room nights booked, with operations worldwide and headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Priceline.com: Offers online travel reservation services primarily in the United States and is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- KAYAK: Provides an online price comparison service (often referred to as “meta-search”) that allows consumers to easily search and compare travel itineraries and prices, including airline ticket, accommodation reservation and rental car reservation information, from hundreds of travel websites at once and is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Agoda.com: A leading online accommodation reservation service catering primarily to consumers in the Asia-Pacific region, with headquarters in Singapore and operations in Bangkok, Thailand and throughout the region.
- Rentalcars.com: A leading worldwide online rental car reservation service and is headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable: A leading brand for booking online restaurant reservations headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A and venture investment transactions on behalf of The Priceline Group and its Brands. The Corporate Development group is a lean and active team, responsible for executing the acquisitions that now account for over 90% of the company’s revenue, including OpenTable, KAYAK, TravelJigsaw (now rentalcars.com), Agoda.com, Active Hotels, and Booking.com. The Corporate Development group is also responsible for assisting the CEO and Board of Directors with defining the company’s long term strategy.The Corporate Development Group is seeking a motivated individual with experience building / working with financial operating models and a solid understanding of valuation methodologies to become an integral part of the team, and continue his / her professional development.Primary Responsibilities
- Developing detailed financial and valuation models
- Coordinating and conducting business due diligence
- Performing industry research and strategic analyses
- Preparing presentations for senior management and the board of directors
- Updating industry and valuation databases
- Ad-hoc analyses for senior management
- Strong financial modeling and valuation skills
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting
- Track record of defining and executing analyses with minimal supervision
- Ability to see the “Big Picture”; Understand, at a macro level, the key drivers and risks of a business and/or industry
- Experience communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior leaders
- Experience creating power point presentations for senior executives
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- High level of energy and maturity
- Fluent in multiple languages a plus
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or corporate M&A
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Economics
Personal Attributes And Values
- Culture fit: The Priceline Group is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving – whether through acquisition or innovation – this person brings the same energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
- Team Player: Collaborates and supports colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Self-starter: Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
If interested, please apply here.