You’ll report to one of the Directors at Village Capital (specific reporting relationship depends on scope of work). You’ll have three specific responsibilities:
1. Find the best entrepreneurs solving real-world problems
- You’ll help our team develop an investment thesis within your target sector, specifically looking at people, places, and ideas that the market under-values.
- We talk to 10,000 entrepreneurs/year, and you’ll help our team develop and curate this pipeline to a small group of the highest-potential companies
- You’ll personally develop relationships with the most promising entrepreneurs as a relationship lead on behalf of Village Capital.
2. Improve entrepreneurs’ ability to succeed
- You’ll play a leading role in developing entrepreneurial potential, serving as a strategic advisor on investment-readiness to a small group of companies.
- You’ll advise on Village Capital’s programming with an eye towards what investors are looking to back.
- You’ll work with our team to recruit a community of investors that will find value in meeting entrepreneurs, and can help these businesses reach scale faster.
- You’ll help companies prepare their investment offering for Village Capital’s fund and other investors.
3. Invest in the best companies
- You’ll work with Village Capital’s fund to help entrepreneurs select the best investments.
- You’ll help alumni and portfolio companies to recruit executive talent and raise additional rounds on an as-needed basis.