Propel Venture Partners is a $250 million early stage venture capital firm focused on the intersection of technology and financial services. The investment team is based in San Francisco and invests globally. Representative portfolio companies include DocuSign, Personal Capital, Earnest, Brave, Guideline, and Coinbase.
Analysts are key contributors to Propel Venture Partners’ investment and operations activities on a day-to-day basis, and have significant opportunity to gain investment experience. This is a two-year role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the investment team in evaluating and executing investments, including diligence, financial, and valuation analysis, memo preparation, and post investment management
- Complete industry research, construct competitive analyses, build and maintain financial models and performance tracking worksheets
- Organize internal and external reporting with a focus on CRM, quarterly LP meetings, schedule of investments, and file systems
- Assist with the coordination and management of internal and external service providers
- Maintain brand responsibilities including organizing events, maintaining website development, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic excellence
- 1-2 years of professional experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate development or other relevant experience
- Strong financial analysis and valuation skills
- Understanding of business models, startups, information technology trends and an interest in financial services
- High intellectual curiosity, preparation and analytical skills, strong work ethic, creative and strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Consensus builder, collaborative and persuasive temperament