FJ Labs (LinkedIn, CrunchBase, AngelList) is an investment firm that builds and invests in online marketplaces and ecommerce companies. Founded by serial entrepreneurs Fabrice Grinda (LinkedIn, CrunchBase, AngelList) and Jose Marin (LinkedIn, CrunchBase, AngelList), FJ Labs been directly engaged in building companies such as AdoreMe, Instacarro, Letgo, OLX and Rebagg. FJ Labs invested $52M across 66 investments in 2016 and has more than 200 active portfolio companies including AppNexus, Betterment, Dropbox, Fanduel, Letgo and Uber.
We are seeking an analytical, enthusiastic, hard-working and organized Analyst to join the FJ Labs investment team. The position will be an ideal platform to prepare you for business school, join the right startup in an operating role, start your own company, or move into a more senior investing position on our team. You will work closely with our Associates and Partners as an integral part of the investment team and a meaningful contributor to our growth and success. If you are looking for a challenge, professional growth and upward potential, you will find it here. We ask that you come with a can-do attitude, enthusiasm, and a hunger to learn.
The ideal candidate will have varied interests and skills spanning across typical divides: investing, research, technology, strategy, product, marketing, and operations.
- Bachelor’s from top-tier University with demonstrated academic excellence, ideally in a discipline such as business, economics, engineering, marketing, or mathematics
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in venture capital/private equity, investment banking, wealth management, or management consulting firm
- Strong analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Developed sense of ownership and personal responsibility
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor and sense of teamwork
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Reviewing and summarizing contracts and tracking deal terms across investments
- Revising and negotiating service contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Collecting, organizing and tracking transactional documentation and records
- Developing processes to maintain transactional and legal records
- Maintaining and updating internal legal templates, forms and best practice guidelines
- Performing supplemental research
- Assisting with fund reporting for limited partners
- Assisting with bi-annual portfolio valuation exercise
- Assisting investment team with other requests
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Please submit cover e-mail and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by EOD Monday, June 5.