Y Combinator Continuity (YCC) is seeking an Associate to help analyze and invest in growth stage companies. We are an investment fund based in San Francisco dedicated to supporting founders as they scale their companies. Our primary goal is to support YC alumni companies by investing in their subsequent funding rounds.
For more information about YCC, please go to https://www.ycombinator.com/continuity/.
Y Combinator (YC) is a startup fund and program. Since 2005, YC has invested in over 2,000 companies including Airbnb, Dropbox, Stripe, Reddit, Instacart, and DoorDash. These companies are now worth over $155B combined. YC has built programs that support founders throughout the life of their company. Many of our services were created by YC alumni who later became YC partners — so, we understand the challenges involved with building a company. We help founders navigate their biggest challenges — from learning how to start a company, find customers, raise capital, hiring talent, and scaling beyond.
- Evaluate companies, industries, business models, teams, and operating/financial metrics
- Play an active role in all due diligence efforts (reviewing pitch decks and data room documents, learning from industry experts, benchmarking KPIs, analyzing unit economics, etc.)
- Scope, design and lead detailed market research through customer and user surveys
- Develop detailed financial models and valuation/returns analysis
- Author memos and presentations for team and investment committee review
- Identify and track companies growing quickly and reaching scale
- Build relationships with founders and help with strategic projects
- Contribute to YC’s admissions process, Demo Day, Series A Program, Growth Program and other founder-focused initiatives
- 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience in technology investing, investment banking, management consulting, strategic finance, corporate development or public equity research
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Passion for technology or tech-enabled businesses, and private/public company investing
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Undergraduate degree
- This role will be located in San Francisco. However, due to COVID-19, our team is temporarily 100% remote. When the time is right, we can help you move to San Francisco if needed.
- Full benefits package including medical, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) matching, generous parental leave, commuter benefits and a flexible vacation policy.
If interested, please apply here.