For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at http://www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Associate, Xerox Ventures
Xerox Ventures, a $250M corporate venture capital fund, is seeking an Associate to help originate and screen top-of-the-funnel investment opportunities, inform investment theses in key categories, and support fund leadership in due diligence and fund operations. In this position, the Associate will project manage active deals through the investment process, build and maintain a robust pipeline, research emerging trends, and regularly meet with founders and investors.
The Xerox Ventures team will source, negotiate, and execute investments in early/mid/late-stage external start-ups, as well as follow-on rounds, consistent with the fund’s investment strategy. The fund will focus on sectors aligned with Xerox’s innovation ‘towers’ (e.g. 3D printing, CleanTech, IoT) and targeted adjacencies (e.g. Software, IT Services and FinTech). In addition, the Xerox Ventures team will work alongside Xerox’s famed Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), and other internal research labs to identify product development opportunities and commercialization strategies.
This role reports directly into the Investment Director for Xerox Ventures.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Associate will work as a key member of the Xerox Ventures team with core responsibilities including:
- Market research: Perform in-depth research to support new and existing investment thesis development, including producing written research/analysis, sector presentations, white papers, and investment memos for the Xerox Ventures team and Xerox stakeholders.
- Deal origination and screening: Identify and source strong investment opportunities in key focus sectors, and review a high-volume of inbound pipeline to screen for relevant opportunities. Represent XeroxVentures at pitch events, demo days, conferences, and establish strong deal flow networks across relevant ecosystems.
- Due diligence: Support all aspects of the deal review process, including quantitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling and sensitivity analysis), competitor and market scans, customer/investor interviews, and technology reviews. Lead and document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management, and co-investors.
In addition, the Associate will be pivotal to ensuring strong corporate venture operations, including:
- Tool management: Manage internal pipeline and portfolio management tools, and contribute to internal-facing reporting on portfolio health and investment theses. Coordinate with relevant internal teams (e.g., legal, accounting) through deal processes.
- Portfolio engagement: Support commercial engagements (e.g., pilots) between portfolio companies and Xerox, along with PARC Innovations, in addition to utilizing Xerox Ventures’ collective networks to drive value for the portfolio.
- Networking: Develop relationships with relevant founders, VCs, and corporate executives, along with key internal stakeholders, to support new investment and portfolio management activities.
- Marketing: Help extend Xerox Ventures’ reach in key communities by hosting and attending industry events, and producing written and/or audio/video content (e.g., podcasts).
- 2+ years of experience in venture capital, corporate development, investment banking, consulting, private equity investing, and/or with a technology company
- Strong engagements with technology innovation, venture capital, and startups. Investing and/or operating experience in areas of relevance to Xerox Ventures’ investment focus.
- Proven project and stakeholder management capabilities
- Superior analytical skills, including quantitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling and sensitivity analysis)
- Demonstrated capability of forging relationships with startup founders, investors, and corporate executives, with related ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Excellent time and work management abilities, with ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately and execute them to completion independently
- Proven and quantifiable track record of success on prior venture and/or innovation deals, from ideation and sourcing to execution
If interested, please apply here.