Woven Planet Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Tokyo, was founded in March 2018 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation with the original company name “Toyota Research Institute-Advanced Development, Inc (TRI-AD)”. for the purpose of creating innovative technology and advanced safety systems that will enable Toyota’s vision, “Mobility for All.”
Effective January 2021, it expanded and improved its operations into a holding company, two operating companies and the investment fund.
The holding company is Woven Planet Holdings, Inc. (Woven Planet), the two operating companies under it will be Woven Core, Inc. (Woven Core) which will develop, implement and scale automated driving technologies at its core, and Woven Alpha, Inc. (Woven Alpha), which will explore new business opportunities and incubate innovative projects that go beyond today’s Toyota, such as Woven City, Arene, Automated Mapping Platform, and the investment fund, Woven Capital, L.P. (Woven Capital).
At Woven Planet, we’re on a mission to design a happier planet through secure, connected mobility solutions. Founded in 2021, Woven Planet’s vision is “Mobility to Love, Safety to Live”. Under this shared goal, our three companies Woven Core, Woven Alpha and Woven Capital are transforming how people live, work, and play through new innovations and investment in autonomous vehicles, smart cities, robotics, and more.
For more information about Woven Planet, please visit: https://www.woven-planet.global/
TEAMWoven Capital is an $800 million global investment fund that supports growth-stage companies focused on technology and innovation in mobility.It was founded in 2021 as the corporate venture capital investment arm of Woven Planet Group. Woven Capital invests in mobility technologies, automation, artificial intelligence, data and analytics, connectivity and smart cities globally.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?Woven Capital is seeking an Associate-level individual to further grow the investment portfolio by collaborating with and supporting teammates and colleagues in thesis formation, investment execution, and investment management activities.The successful candidate will actively participate in the investment process, from sourcing, due diligence, and monitoring.
- Identify and source investment opportunities by establishing referral networks and relationships, maintaining database and pipeline of investment targets, and conducting market research
- Lead due diligence process for prospective investments and conduct research through interviews with company management, industry participants, and the company’s customers/ clients
- Create detailed financial models, including business projections, capability and valuation.
- Draft investment memos and submit investment recommendations to the Woven Capital Investment Committee for its review and approval
- Support Woven Capital’s portfolio investments to grow by monitoring investments, helping portfolio companies with their strategic and growth prospects, and establishing a stronger link between portfolio companies and the Woven Planet group
- Assist in building Woven Capital’s internal process and best practices
- 4+ years of professional experience in corporate venture capital, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or other professional firms.
- Good project management, organizational and communication skills, as well as a sense of urgency and personal drive to effectively and efficiently execute on transactions
- Ability to handle multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
- Patience in dealing with different cultures/languages and different decision-making mechanisms and logic.
- Ability to positively influence people at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- MBA, JD, or BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Math or Engineering desired.
- Knowledge of autonomous mobility and software technology is a plus.
- Experience working, studying, or living in different cultures and geographies is a plus.
- Japanese language ability is a plus but not required.
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don’t worry, we’ll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
If interested, please apply here.