We are seeking an individual who is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs and helping build vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystems to help us expand our impact across the state of Wisconsin!
The Innovative Ventures Associate will work with the community and University partners of the WiSys VentureHome program to support local entrepreneurs by providing a concierge service to local and statewide resources. This is a dynamic position that will connect with stakeholders across the state of Wisconsin, and solicit mentors and investors to support the entrepreneurs in the program. They will support the local WiSys VentureHomes, by planning the logistics and assisting in refining the curriculum of the program, including the Level Up! accelerator. Regular travel across Wisconsin to visit the various locations as well as time in Madison is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides concierge service to Wisconsin entrepreneurs to connect them to statewide resources, mentors, investors, and UW technologies.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to entrepreneurs assisting with business plans, revenue models, and planning for investor pitches.
- Manages the WiSys VentureHome program and develops programming and events focused on needs of developing entrepreneurs.
- Plans the logistics and assist in refining the curriculum of the program, including the Level Up! accelerator.
- Liaisons between WiSys staff, UW campuses, entrepreneurs, venture community and other stakeholders necessary to achieve success.
We are seeking candidates with the proven ability to connect and establish successful networks with startups, venture funds, and related ecosystems across geography and expertise to provide resources to entrepreneurs. Experience within a startup, as an entrepreneur, at a venture fund, or within the startup ecosystem is required. A bachelor’s degree in a business or science or related field is strongly preferred. WiSys is located in Madison, Wisconsin and this position requires regular travel to across the state of Wisconsin. We are open to flexible remote work arrangements.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are required to submit a cover letter and resume as one document via the apply button.
If interested, please apply here.