We have backed a number of leading start-ups at the Series A and Series B stages globally, including the likes of Freshly, Tier Mobility, Dollar Shave Club, Clark, Meero and Butternut Box. In Europe over the last few years we have continued our focus on the UK and doubled down on France and Germany. We are now actively looking to ramp up our European team. Our international perspective is key to what we do, and so we are focused on finding the right individual who is a self starter and open to travelling/working remotely, with frequent travel between key ecosystems in Europe, namely Germany, France and the UK.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying opportunities for the firm and assisting in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities
- Representing the firm in meetings with founders and at industry events
- Building and maintaining a European focused network
- Leading sector deep dives, building expertise and publishing content in our areas of focus
- Support in non-deal flow related tasks and projects
This is a unique opportunity to experience all facets of VC, from deal sourcing, to evaluating investment opportunities, transaction support as well as portfolio management, while also being part of an international team of investors.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Demonstrable interest in Venture Capital through previous work experience whether it be at tech startups, investment banking, consulting or private equity;
- An international component to your background or professional history: you must be fluent in more than one language, or you previously lived in a different country, or you did extensive business internationally. Given our core countries of activity in Europe, German or Polish language skills would be a plus but not a must;
- Intellectual curiosity: to identify the highest potential startups, to do in-depth sector research and write investment memos, and to diligence investment opportunities (including: researching competitive landscapes, building financial models, reaching out to people who could be helpful in diligence and running diligence calls);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capability to take initiative, work autonomously, and to make sure all the details are just right; adept communicator with a network of individuals who think highly of you — you’ll be often talking to entrepreneurs and investors on behalf of White Star Capital;
- Exceptional skills in Excel and financial modeling: you understand how to read financial statements & forecasts and to build a dynamic model, how to extrapolate narratives from large sets of incomplete qualitative and quantitative data; you have a focus on actionable insights supported by data that can drive decision making processes;
- Passion for new technologies and emerging business models;
- Excellent organizational skills with a “self-starter” mentality and a desire for independence.
We expect a tremendous amount from our team, but we are confident it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to grow one’s career in the venture capital business.
Building diverse teams is one of our core values at White Star. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
If interested, please apply here