At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo Strategic Capital is seeing a Venture Capital/Private Equity Investment Associate to join their team.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the evaluating, closing, and ongoing monitoring of investments as part of a deal team
- Complete assigned portfolio management and industry data activities
- Gather and synthesize data
- Develop financial models related to assigned new and existing investment opportunities, as well as, restructuring and liquidity events
- Identify new investments and existing portfolio investments, financial modeling and data
- Contribute to and evaluate due diligence requests, legal entity work, and other activities to prepare investment proposals for approval and booking
- Build relationships within the venture investment community
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ months of experience in Strategic Investment Management, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- 2+ years work experience in one or a combination of: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- Familiarity with evaluating and executing transactions related to private equity, venture capital, or credit related products.
- Passion for, knowledge of, and experience in the Fintech or technology industry preferred
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player
- Strong skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies)
- Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA) or equivalent expertise preferred
- Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If interested, please apply here.