Wave Financial (www.wavegp.com) is a diversified asset manager in the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector built to bridge the gap between institutional capital and the digital asset markets. Led by veteran professionals in the venture capital, asset management and enterprise blockchain fields, Wave Financial offers strategic products and services structured to provide liquidity and access to established digital asset markets as well as rapidly growing projects. Our business falls under three categories: (1) venture capital: early-stage active funds; (2) investment funds: offering various strategies utilizing digital securities to gain exposure to index, yield and hard asset investments; and (3) treasury management: provide treasury and investment management solution for income, growth and preservation strategies for digital assets. Wave Financial is a leader in the rapidly growing and exciting blockchain and crypto space.
Wave Financial is looking for an Associate with a minimum of 5 to 7 years prior work experience to become an integral part of our early-stage crypto investment team which manages Wave Genesis and cFund. The individual will focus primarily on deal sourcing, due diligence, deal execution, market research and supporting fundraising efforts. The associate will work closely with senior leadership to evaluate investment opportunities and help our team make investment decisions. This individual should have exceptional organizational, research, modeling, and writing skills in addition to being intimately familiar with the blockchain industry.
The position will begin remote, transitioning to in-person pending covid-conditions. Wave Financial has a strong preference for candidates in the LA, SF or NYC metropolitan areas in anticipation of a return to in-office life.
- Evaluate and research investment opportunities.
- Analyze markets and emerging trends in the blockchain industry
- Prepare investment memos, presentations and models.
- Create internal research reports on various blockchain markets
- Manage deal pipeline
- Participate in due diligence discussions with Founders
- Support on-going firm operations as needed
- Support Wave Financial’s portfolio as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience (5-7 years), preferably at a blockchain company, technology investment bank, VC firm, management consulting firm, a venture-backed company or a similar employer
- Demonstrated academic excellence with a track record of accomplishments
- Passionate and demonstrable knowledge about the blockchain and cryptocurrencies markets
- Exposure to the financial services industry (e.g. payments, capital markets, asset management)
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work well in an unstructured environment.
- Strong writing skills with a focus on the ability to clearly and concisely articulate a complex thesis
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a small team.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Preference for multilingual candidates with international experience but not necessary
- Showcase a high level of emotional intelligence
We expect a tremendous amount from our Associate, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started as an early-stage crypto investor.
If interested, please apply here.