Vivo Capital is a global healthcare investment firm that has been investing for over 20 years. Our investments across multiple funds and strategies are driven by a value and growth-oriented investment strategy, combined with extensive medical and scientific expertise. Our funds invest broadly in healthcare, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, health tech and healthcare services.
Vivo Capital is seeking an Associate to join our Investment team in the Palo Alto, CA office. The Associate will be working on prospective and ongoing investments in healthcare.
- Perform technical analysis on prospective and ongoing investments
- Perform financial analysis to be used in making investment decisions
- Provide analytical support to senior investment team members on corporate and strategic initiatives
- Conduct due diligence and create business models on prospective investment opportunities
- Perform market and competitive analysis on investment opportunities
- Assist in the development, execution and maintenance of business plans
- M.D. or Ph.D. in Biology, Pharmacology or related life sciences field
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in financial modeling via investment banking or mergers and acquisitions private equity experience OR minimum 1-2 years of experience in the healthcare industry, which may include corporate business development, investment banking, equity research, venture capital, or consulting
- High proficiency in Excel
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments; ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and valuation techniques is a plus
If interested, please apply here.