If you are hungry to build your career in Venture Capital, have an appropriate background and experience, and seek an intellectually fulfilling, professionally challenging, and economically rewarding position, read on!
Location: Onsite choice of Madison/Ann Arbor offices
Venture Investors Health Fund’s mission is to catalyze Midwestern innovations that profoundly impact human health. Based in the Midwest with open access to renowned research universities, and the vibrant communities that surround them, we target, uncover, and invest in extraordinary ideas that will shape the future of health and wellness. With decades of proven success, we’re fueling the future of what’s driving healthcare. Today, we have $275 million in assets under management. Check us out at https://ventureinvestors.com/
About the Role
Venture Investors is seeking an Associate/Senior Analyst to work out of our Madison/Ann Arbor offices. The team is looking for someone to take an important and wide-ranging role in the fund. This exciting and varied position is a great fit for the right self-motivated leader and provides an opportunity to step into an Associate role based on education and work experience and later to a principal and potentially partner roles in the future based on performance.
The Associate/Senior Analyst works closely with all members of the investment team and are actively involved in the day-to-day efforts of the firm, including:
- Deal Flow / Pipeline – Managing all aspects of the process and database development
- Market Research – Tracking healthcare market growth and trends, helping identify investment opportunities in existing and new markets, networking and attending industry conferences
- Source and Assess New Investments – Researching companies aligned with firm’s strategy for potential investment, assisting in in company due diligence, writing investment memorandums, and making recommendations to partnership on investments
- Portfolio Support – Helping portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis and on occasion attending board meetings
- Ecosystem Building – Continue to develop Venture Investors’ regional network, deal flow, fund relationships, and entrepreneurial communities in our core Wisconsin and Michigan markets. In addition, help to expand market coverage in Chicago, Minneapolis, and other Midwestern healthcare start-up communities, and build strong regional and national venture analyst relationships with other funds
- Back Office / Operations Support – Assist in fund operations, reporting, and valuation analysis
- Solid healthcare/life sciences experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, or life science startup experience
- Capable of conducting and synthesizing medical and scientific literature searches and demonstrated experience and resourcefulness in performing market research and due diligence
- Excellent written communications – Effective writer, strong Excel modeling skills, and ability to develop compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Self-starter and ability to excel in an unstructured and fast-paced work environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated network in the medical, life sciences, and venture community
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
If interested, please apply here.