If you are looking for a very motivating startup work environment and team, if you would like to contribute to the development of one of the fastest growing VC firms in Europe and work on many different demanding tasks, if you are hands-on and have excellent people skills, then this could be the perfect opportunity and work environment for you.
You will have the chance to play a key role in our growth strategy by driving the development of the French market and shaping and defining our presence in Paris.
Verve Ventures is one of the most active startup investors in Europe while still being a growth company on its own. We offer an attractive career path and learning environment with a role profile that will ask you to be half investor and half entrepreneur. On the one hand side you will be deeply involved in the investments we make, from deal sourcing to presenting to the investment committee and the round execution. On the other hand you will play a key role in the business building and development of Verve Ventures in France.
As an Associate for Verve you will:
- Screen and source outstanding startup companies
- Conduct due diligences and evaluate investment opportunities together with industry experts
- Support investment managers in structuring and syndication of financing rounds in lead- and co-lead scenarios
- Work closely with Corporate Venturing / Corporate Innovation Departments of our enterprise clients
- Guide startups and investors through the investment process
- Support startups after the financing round
- Actively drive and shape our business development in France
- University master’s degree or PhD, ideally in natural sciences or engineering
- At least 2 years of full-time working experience
- Keen interest in new technologies, business development and venture capital
- Very strong analytical thinking, ability to prioritize and manage a large amount of tasks in parallel
- Full written and spoken fluency in English and French is a key requirement,
- Ability to execute independently and autonomously
- Entrepreneurially minded and strong team player
- Strong people and communication skills
- Network and experience in the French startup and VC ecosystem is a strong plus
- Dynamic and challenging startup and venture capital environment
- Compensation package with eligibility for employee share incentive plan
- Flexibility with work locations and hours
- Possibility to gain international work experience
We strongly believe that diverse experiences and viewpoints, leading to a diverse working environment, are the key to making us successful venture capitalists. We would like to encourage underrepresented groups, especially female candidates, to apply for this position.
If interested, please apply here.