VentureFriends.vc is a European Venture Capital fund based in Athens and London that invests in Seed & Series A tech-enabled B2C and B2B start-ups, with a sweet spot for Marketplaces, SaaS and Proptech, Fintech, Traveltech.
We launched VentureFriends in early 2016, and through 2 funds totalling €70M we have invested so far in 40 startups based in Greece, UK, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Ukraine, US and UAE. We aspire to be the first call for ambitious international founders who have a start-up in the categories that fall within our investment focus and that we have built a relevant network around.
We abide by the high start-up pace and high performance culture where people get significant responsibility and unique opportunities to learn and develop. We believe in and operate by clear and uncompromising values of meritocracy, candor and respect.
Having said the above, VentureFriends is looking to grow its team and hire an Associate as a new integral part of our investment team.
As an Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to engage with, learn from and support top people (founders, investors and tech talent) in the ecosystem. You will be part of a 7 people investment team, thus having direct exposure and strong influence in the investment decision making process of VentureFriends.
The Key responsibilities will be:
DEAL SOURCING AND EVALUATION
- Proactively source interesting start-ups based on investment focus, qualitative or quantitative metrics and founder merit, as well as geographical location
- Cultivate a network in the tech startup ecosystem so that you identify great entrepreneurs and partners early on
- Analyse inbound deal flow and be able to quickly gain understanding of new tech business models in order to assess and identify opportunities
- Assist in organising events and initiatives that promote the VentureFriends brand in order to attract deal-flow and expand network
- Research and compile investment memos for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Manage due diligence work streams on investment opportunities
- Liaise with solicitors and founders to negotiate and align on legal documents
- Review portfolio updates, analyse, summarize and present conclusions to the team
- Support existing portfolio companies on PR, recruitment, fundraising as well as connecting them with potential customers, partners and investors
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in startups and technology, displayed through knowledge and, if applicable, previous startup or investment experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant experience, in a startup, consulting, investment banking or VC or another high-performance organization. Previous working experience in a startup or startup investment environment (VC, angel, incubator, accelerator) is a clear plus
- An engineering background is relevant but should also be accompanied by business acumen and startup or investment experience
- Involvement and existing network in a local or overall in the European startup ecosystem is a clear plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Greek as well as ability to think in business terms
- Exhibition of personal, academic or professional achievements and a clear drive to learn and develop
- Comfort with analyses and numbers and ability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data
If interested, please apply here.