Role: Venture Associate
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Compensation: Competitive within the VC industry
Start Date: Immediate
Please forward your cover letter to email@example.com with a short explanation of what interests you about Tri-Valley Ventures.
The Venture Associate at Tri-Valley Ventures will focus on early-stage venture investments in SaaS, Life Sciences, and Deep Tech companies with a regional tie to the Tri-Valley ecosystem. She/he will work closely with and as an integral part of our small and collaborative team of venture professionals (which will total 5 with this addition).
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Tracking regional business activity and identifying potential pipeline investment opportunities
- Reviewing/analyzing prospective business plans and pitch decks
- Assessing market/company attractiveness to help identify compelling businesses
- Involvement in all aspects of due diligence on new investments (business analysis, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling/deal structuring)
- Working in a strategic capacity with Tri-Valley Ventures’ existing portfolio companies as needed
- Preparing market analyses and presentations to drive investment decisions and for engagement with the firm’s extensive network of professional relationships
- Investment professional will participate in and be asked to contribute to weekly internal meetings in which new investments and portfolio companies are discussed.
- Providing research support to an associated RIA with expertise in the Tri-Valley’s public companies. Participation in this RIA’s Investment Committee meetings to maintain a comprehensive view of the local market.
Candidates should have 2-5 years of total prior work experience including at a minimum either of:
- Two years of full-time work experience at a top-tier investment bank or strategy consulting firm, or
- Two years of full-time work experience at a venture capital or growth equity firm, or
- Two years of full-time work experience in a strategy or corporate development role at an enterprise software company, or
- Two years of unique work experience that demonstrates the drive, skills and character required to be successful in a demanding, entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment.
Qualified candidates likely also meet the following criteria:
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision (including proactively seeking guidance when needed)
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with an ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Candidates must have modeling skills and a solid understanding of finance and accounting
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution, and a demonstrated track record of both academic and professional success
Interest and experience in early-stage startup companies – either directly as an employee or through transactions in the market is highly preferred, but not mandatory.
Tri-Valley Ventures is the Tri-Valley’s first and only Venture Capital firm. Our mission is to generate value in our community by providing funding and resources to local, early-stage entrepreneurs. TVV seeks to invest in companies in the SaaS, Life Sciences, and Deep Tech verticals. To learn more, visit trivalleyventures.com
If interested, please apply here.