TransLink Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm based in Palo Alto with $600M under management, and investing out of its fourth fund. The fund’s mission is to partner with US entrepreneurs, and add value by leveraging the firm’s proprietary insights and connections to strategic Asian partners. The team is led by investors and operators, all of whom have managed successful US venture practices for large Asian strategics such as Foxconn, Hikari Tsushin, SoftBank and UMC.
The venture team is looking to add an ambitious and high-energy member. You will have the opportunity to work closely with all members of the firm, as well as our strategic partners in Asia. You will be given tremendous responsibilities and be actively involved in the entire spectrum of the venture capital practice. We are flexible in terms of sectors. Examples of areas we have invested include SaaS, cloud, mobility, digital health, education technology and interactive media.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify and source emerging investment opportunities by developing investment theses and leveraging TransLink’s platform to build your own network
- Lead due diligence efforts and become an expert in those fields
- Draft investment memos with data and analysis to support your investment decision
- Collaborate with portfolio companies on key strategic and operational projects
- Network and collaborate with strategic LPs on innovation initiatives
- Share thought leadership by creating blog posts and hosting events
- Passionate about technology and supporting founders who are solving bold, important and complex problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build relationships with entrepreneurs of all backgrounds
- Positive attitude, team spirit, and desire to thrive in a multi-cultural setting
- 1-3 years of analytical experience (e.g. investment banking, strategy consulting, corporate development/strategy, bizops or strategic finance at a tech company
- At least conversationally fluent in either Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese
- Prior investing experience
- Technical background (computer science, engineering, math, physics, etc.)
- Strong existing network in the startup ecosystem
- Native fluency in either Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese
TransLink is Bay Area-based with offices in Beijing, Taipei, Seoul, and Tokyo. The position is located in Palo Alto.
Competitive base and bonus.
We are always delighted to meet more candidates, but ask that we make it a productive and engaging conversation. Take your time and think critically about a space (relevant to us), and write a paragraph or two on 2-3 companies on why they could be investable.
If interested, please apply here