Traction Capital Partners: Headquartered in Tacoma, Washington, Traction is an investment firm focused on investing in small, privately held companies throughout the broader Pacific Northwest.
Traction Capital Companies:
- Fire Equipment Distributor based out of Kirkland, WA
- E-commerce light duty tools based out of Bend, OR
- Asphalt & concrete paving services based out of Kent, WA
- Retail & e-commerce locally made mattresses based out of Portland, OR
The Role: Traction is looking for a high-performing candidate to join Traction’s portfolio operations team as an Associate. You will be a key member of the value creation team and you will work with leaders of the businesses across the portfolio to help identify value creation opportunities, evaluate strategic options, analyze potential impacts to the businesses, and help implement and support the value creation strategies.
Skills & Background
- Understanding and analyzing company financials
- Collecting and utilizing relevant business and industry trend information and analyzing this information by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques
- Project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities within a company and industry
- Have a growth mindset with a focus on how to 10X an existing business
Roles & Responsibilities
- Play the role of consulting partner; gain respect and build trust to develop lasting relationships
- Identify opportunities for growth
- Frame key issues within the business and how to address
- Set high level growth strategy
- Willing to roll up his/her sleeves to help the portfolio teams drive results
- Provide full visibility to progress of strategic initiatives in portfolio companies
- Assist proactively in the management of several projects, while reporting to Traction leadership
- Shape value creation strategy during diligence / pre-close / post-close with existing portfolio
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations
- Look for creative opportunities to drive growth both through increasing share of wallet with current customers and identifying new customer opportunities
Location: Pacific Northwest with flexibility to work remotely part-time.
Traction’s Model: Team focused and highly collaborative. In this role you will working closely with all members of the Traction team as well as key leaders and team members across the portfolio. Ultimately, Associates will gain invaluable skills in managerial decision-making, leadership, P&L management, people management, prioritization, implementation feasibility, hands-on operational execution, and assessment of investment opportunities.
Apply: Email resume to Jturner@tractioncp.com