emasek’s US office is looking for a junior investment professional at the Associate level. He/she would be expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time on TMT investments, with remaining of his/her time on other industries that Temasek focuses on.
This role is part of the Temasek USA investment team, participating in all aspects of the investment process, from initial screening and due diligence, through approval, to post-investment monitoring.
Requires a strong team player with an analytical mindset, preferably with prior TMT experience, but also the ability to work across a variety of industries.
The role will involve:
- Taking part in the process of identifying and assessing investment opportunities in companies in TMT, also across other industries
- Performing deal evaluation, due diligence, industry / company analysis and financial modeling, supporting end-to-end investment and divestment processes
- Monitoring market trends and closely tracking portfolio performance
- Constantly developing and renewing investment industry knowledge in sub-sectors within TMT and other relevant industries
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with companies, corporate partners and other relevant institutions.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate(s) should have:
- Strong academic credentials, ideally from finance/accounting/economics/engineering background
- 1-2 years of prior work experience within a top-tier investment bank, corporate finance, M&A or investment firm, with exposure to TMT space
- Strong analytical insight and spreadsheet modeling skills; familiar with use of standard Windows Office programs
- Good communication, interpersonal & team skills – able to work with diverse teams and deal with multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
If interested, please apply here.