We are seeking to hire new teams member who are passionate about finding, researching, and supporting companies that are transforming the Financial Services industry. Fin VC has a global remit and is expanding its SF and NYC teams at the Sr. Associate and Associate levels, who will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification via academic research, customer interviews, conferences, incubator and University demo days, and peers (Angels/VCs).
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
- Help manage the investment pipeline process
- Creating content, events, and more to build the firm’s brand in the global market
Technical Diligence and Investment Execution:
- Support the team’s initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential investments – particularly in tech stack evaluation, assessment of technical scale/enterprise readiness, and technical/cyber risks.
- Support development of diligence materials and Investment Memo/Scorecard
- Liaise with team members to support diligence checks (product, tech, and finance) and finalize investment execution (legal and finance)
Portfolio Company – Technical Operating Support:
- Support portfolio companies around product and engineering strategy and talent sourcing
- Help gather and manage product roadmap and technical milestones on a Quarterly basis
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excitement to join an emerging manager and help build a specialist VC focused on FinTech globally
- Deep network and experiencing in working across the US and/or EU markets
- Passion for the intersection of Financial Services and technology, along with InsureTech and adjacent spaces
- 2-4 years (Associate), 3-5 years (Sr. Associate) of previous work experience, ideally with a background in technical operating roles in FinTech companies (Engineering or Product Management)
- B.S. in related fields and deep technical experience. MS preferred for Sr. Associate level.
- Diverse experiences and backgrounds preferred – we believe diverse teams drive better outcomes
- Strong grasp of technology trends and business models in FinTech
- Small working team experience, strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline. We have a merit-driven and flat culture, with specific metrics/milestones for career progression, we always aim to hire and train everyone as future GPs.
- Preference and consideration given to foreign language capabilities, particularly in Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic
- Fin VC provides ALL team members with competitive compensation and Carried Interest equity in any funds they work on
- SF or NYC based preferably – open to relocation support for the right talent!
If interested, please apply here.