We are seeking a talented VC Associate to join Sweater’s investment team. The associate-level role is intended for someone who has some experience in VC. This role is a unique opportunity to work for a VC fund that is changing the game. While your primary charter will be to support Sweater’s investment process, you’ll have exposure to Sweater’s complex and exciting business model that allows anyone to invest into our fund at any time.
Who we are
We’re building a first-of-its-kind investing platform that democratizes access to the exclusive world of venture capital. Our vision is to pool money from millions of regular people into a world-class venture fund, strategically deploying that capital into startups that shape the world we live in.
We believe everyone deserves equal access to venture investing opportunities, and it’s our mission to accelerate generational wealth creation for everyday investors, accredited or not.
We believe in sewing a “Close Knit” community that brings investors, founders and the companies they’re building closer together. Every founder should be able to build their vision, and every person should be able to support the startups that shape the world we live in.
With world-class investors behind us, we’re growing fast and have a lot of work to do. We need revolutionaries to help us lay the foundation as we forge a new era of venture capital.
Sound like something you can get behind? Let’s talk.
Who you are
You are intensely curious and never satisfied with the answer “because that’s the way it’s always been done.” You check your biases, approach a problem from multiple viewpoints and pivot your view as new information arises. You are analytical with the ability to process lots of information and produce your own conclusions.
Hard skills we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in VC preferred.
- If no direct experience in VC, experience in PE, investment banking or a high growth start up in an analytical role with demonstrated engagement in the startup and VC community.
- Experience creating investment memos
- BS/BA degree, or higher, with a track record of academic success
- Strong verbal communication and social intelligence skills
- Demonstrated history of engaging with founders and entrepreneurs.
What you’ll do every day:
- Build and maintain relationships with founders, entrepreneurs and others in the VC community
- Conduct market research on industry trends, sectors, and companies
- Contribute to determining deal evaluation criteria and often lead on deal evaluation
- Perform diligence on potential investments, including market research and financial modeling.
- Take pitch meetings with entrepreneurs and evaluate investments.
- Build processes to track internal deal flow
- Strongly evangelize Sweater’s mission
What it takes to be a Stitch
Yes, we call Sweater team members Stitches.
A sweater grows stronger with every knit, every stitch, we treat each other as equals. We lean on one another as family. Our team is built on trust and transparency at all levels, and we believe in the freedom to fail because that’s how we grow and how great products are ultimately built.
We’re self-motivated and autonomous, always defaulting to action, but we know when to ask for help. We lead with empathy and follow with gratitude and compassion.
And on top of all that, we strive for a holistic life view. We believe that taking care of ourselves, family, health, wellbeing, and community helps us show up as the best version of ourselves at work. We believe in a true and healthy work/life balance.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible & remote working culture. Big focus on family and community
- Paid parental leave
- Opportunity for Company Equity
- Unlimited PTO (2 weeks minimum)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Quarterly company events
- The opportunity to shape the culture of Sweater as we grow!
Job location: Sweater HQ, Boulder, Colorado.
Please send resume and introduction to email@example.com