Founded in 2000, SVB Capital is a venture capital platform executing on two core equity products a Fund-of-Fund (i.e. investments in venture funds) and a Direct investment fund (i.e. investments into startups). Currently investing out of our tenth Fund-of-Fund and fifth Direct fund, SVB Capital offers limited partners unparalleled access to the most innovative fund managers and companies globally. The firm has $6.8B in assets under management with notable investments in top-tier venture firms and category-defining companies.
The SVB Capital Funds Associate works within the Fund of Funds team on existing and future fund investing strategies. The Associate focuses efforts on all components of investment due diligence, portfolio construction, and market research. Associates are expected to execute on and support the SVB Capital investment strategy through qualitative and quantitative fund due diligence, as well as investment monitoring across the portfolio. The Associate is expected to take ownership of tasks and deliverables, and also has the opportunity to lead more complex and strategic fund-related projects.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative fund diligence.
- Lead the creation of and present comprehensive fund investment memos.
- Conduct analysis and prepare materials for various internal and external meetings.
- Attend GP and LP meetings independently or alongside other team members.
- Surface data and insights that drive investment decision-making.
- Key contributor to fund projections analysis.
- Create and present market research of relevant sectors, regions, and firms.
- Proactively tackle ad hoc projects and complex tasks to support investment decision-making.
- Contribute to SVB Capital strategic initiatives in a holistic capacity, including support of Investor Relations and fundraising efforts.
- 3-5+ years of experience in relevant fields including fund-of-funds, venture capital, investment management, investment consulting, investment banking, and technology.
- Undergraduate degree. Preferred majors include the following Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Business, and Entrepreneurship.
- High proficiency with Excel, including the ability to perform advanced functions and modeling.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and the ability to create presentations.
- Passion for fund investing, venture capital, technology, and entrepreneurship.
- Analytical orientation with strong interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities.
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Eager to learn, and further fund investing skill set.
If interested, please apply here.